- 4 cups flour
- 1 + 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cups olive oil – I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- Icing for glaze on top after baking
Combine dry ingredients first. Then mix in the wet ingredients. I add the fresh raspberries in the middle of the dough. Add the icing on top while the cake is still warm.
Bake at 350 F for about 50 – 55 min in a greased pan. To make sure that the cake is fully baked take a toothpick and carefully insert it in the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is ready!
** You could make this cake using the gluten free flour 1:1 measure.