- 0.44 pounds – 200 gr olive oil
- 0.265 pound – 120 gr orange juice
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 1/4 pounds – 200 gr granulated sugar
- ½ cup cognac
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.3 pounds – 600gr flour
- a generous amount of sesame seeds, optional
If you do not want to use 1/2 cup of cognac you can substitute cognac with orange juice.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Combine the olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, sugar and cognac in a bowl using a hand whisk.
- In a larger bowl, add the flour and all of the remaining ingredients apart from the sesame seeds. Mix with a spoon.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a spoon until both mixtures are completely incorporated. If necessary, add a little more flour. The dough is ready to be kneaded… It should be soft so it can be easier to work with.
- Shape into rings. Coat in sesame seeds.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place cookies in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Source Petretzikis Akis