PREP. TIME 30MIN.
Makes 3 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 gloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons Katerina’s Finest Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill – optional –
Put the grated zucchini in a strainer over the sink, and add the teaspoon of salt and gently mix. After letting the zucchini sit for 10 minutes, drain the zucchini moist with a cloth or paper towels. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, flour, feta, dill, garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is warm, scoop a tablespoon of batter for each fritter into the oil. Flatten the scoops a bit with a spatula and cook until the underside is golden-brown about 2 minutes and then flip the fritter and let it cook until the other side is golden-brown (about 1-2 minutes). Serve with sour cream, yogurt, another sauce, or simply plain